Thursday, January 17, 2013

English Paper Peacing

“Mama's love had always been the kind that acted itself out with soup pot and sewing basket. But now that these things were taken away, the love seemed as whole as before. She sat in her chair at the window and loved us. She loved the people she saw in the street-- and beyond: her love took in the city, the land of Holland, the world. And so I learned that love is larger than the walls which shut it in. ”  ~ Corrie ten Boom ~
Using scraps saved from the original grandmother's flower garden


Trying to catch my breath.  My brain pushes my soul too far sometimes. 
I have to stop, refocus and remember whom I love and what it's all about.

How about you?  How is your week? 

Blessings and kind love & hellos to you all.

Sharing with:


4 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a beautiful quote. I have had a good week and made some big decisions about things around my home. Hoping all is well with you!
hugs, Linda

Liz said...

I went back to your grandmothers flower garden quilt entry..it is beautiful!! I have been working on mine for almost 3 years! Yikes!! Hope you are having a good week!

Sweet Woodruff said...

Thank you Liz, yes it takes years :( Wish I could work faster, but my neck and fingers get tired. The photo above of the tiny garden was made from the scraps I kept while make the larger original one for my daughter. Thanks for stopping by.

Redecórate con Lola Godoy said...

Is wonderful your blog and very beautiful, congratulations. you are a great artist. Kisses from Spain.

http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...