Sunday, March 10, 2013

Prayer Leeks

Some thoughts from my life long best friend, Lisa.  Knowing her has been one of the great joys of my life.  I remember meeting her for the first time walking to school in the 6th grade.  I thought to myself, "This is the strangest person I've ever met and I think I want to be friends with her forever!!!!!" 
 
She wasn't strange, she was just "unique".  She's different.  There is no one else like her in the history of planet earth.  She's in her own world and is pretty much one of the funniest people I've ever met.  She lights up a room with her joyful spirit.  She's a treasure to me. 
 
BFF Lisa and her female offspring
She is a great source of edification and strength for me.  She's very articulate and always seems to say just what I need to hear.  I've begged her for years to pursue writing.  She has a gift. 
 
This was a status update from the other day.  I asked her permission to share on my blog.  I pray it blesses you as much as it blessed me. 
 
Happy Lord's Day. 
Be a Blessing. 
 
Leeks Leaking....

When my son was much younger, I planted some leeks outside our front door. He asked what they were. I explained that they were like an onion bulb that would grow under ground. As days went by, it always seemed the ground was pushing them up, even though I watered & patted them back down. Finally, in frustration, I asked in my son's hearing, "Why does it seem the earth is pushing these leeks back out?" Matter of factly he said, "Oh I pull them up everyday to measure their growth." That is how I sometimes do God. I give something, (or someone) over to Him in prayer, only to come back with my measuring reed to see how they have grown. Arrested development by an impetuous lack of faith or patience. Take it to God, leave it with God. A lot can go on at the root level that you can't judge from the looks of things. The eyes can't perceive the realm of the spirit. Don't believe your eyes, believe your God. 2 Timothy 1:12 "I know in whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I've committed unto Him." Love that!

1 comment:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Thanks for sharing! I must say I do this also and it's a great lesson to learn we must just trust God!
hugs, Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...