Monday, March 25, 2013

A Blackbird Designs Cross Stitch Break

I can be somewhat of a workaholic.  I work myself sick and push myself so hard,
 then I crash and can go no further. 
When I get tired, I get weepy and mournful. 
I start missing my daughter or my dad, or Texas...
 just whatever my heart feels is worth a wallow. 
 
I couldn't take another minute of it today.  I snapped at 11:00 AM.  Shed a few little tears.  Went outside and laid out in the sun for some "light therapy" and vitamin D. 
 
 I came inside and pulled out a lovely work in progress. 
 
I love Blackbird Designs and wish I had the time to work
every single one of their cross stitch patterns.
I would wallpaper my whole house with them. 
(Love their fabric too).
 
I'm currently working on Anniversaries of the Heart, Pattern 5
 
 
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...........my soul sighs cheerfully and feels mended.  It's just what my afternoon needed.  I needed to rest my busy mind and back, meditate and pray for cancer filled loved ones, count my blessings....
concentrate on anything but work!!   

Sewing is healing.  I feel as if I received a Vitamin B shot today. 
Now it's off to an early bed for me.  It starts all over again tomorrow. 
 

Do you need an afternoon vacation? 

What do you do when you snap?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your absence has gone through me
Like thread through a needle.
Everything I do is stitched with its color.”  
~W.S. Merwin~
 
 
Love is what carries you, for it is always there, even in the dark,
or most in the dark,
but shining out at times like gold stitches in a piece of embroidery. ” 
 ~Wendell Berry, Hannah Coulter~
 

“Now the Earth with many flowers puts on her spring embroidery”
~Sappho~
 
 
To sew is to pray. Men don't understand this. They see the whole but they don't see the stitches. They don't see the speech of the creator in the work of the needle. We mend. We women turn things inside out and set things right. We salvage what we can of human garments and piece the rest into blankets. Sometimes our stitches stutter and slow. Only a woman's eyes can tell. Other times, the tension in the stitches might be too tight because of tears, but only we know what emotion went into the making. Only women can hear the prayer.”
~Louise Erdrich, Four Souls~
 
 
Thank you to my son who took the photos for me.  Such a SWEET young man.
 
Blessings, PEACE and favor to all of you.
(((group hug)))
 
**********************************************************************************
 
Dear Watson felt sorry for mama today. 
Nothing is better than sewing and kitten cuddles.

12 comments:

Serendipityissweet said...

Bless your heart. I know the feeling! But I'm afraid I don't have the patience for needlepoint. My grandmother and mother do and I admire them. I have tried but I just get frustrated with it and impatient. I usually sooth my frazzled edges with a couple bites of chocolate and an impromptu date with my camera :)

Anonymous said...

I noticed a few things: The relaxation in your fingers. The quilt you grabbed which shows comfort & the blissfully happy soothing kitty who is so serene on your lap.

Whatever your day brought you, you worked it out and found peace. Good for you. Your stitch work is beautiful. I love cross stitch but my hands can no longer do such tasks with RA. I do so admire those who find the art still meainingful and worthy of time. Beautiful post.
Hugs
Tammy

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Sewing in any form can heal, especially hand sewing where the mind can relax a little while hands are busy. Hope you are soon feeling much better, every day.
Some hugs from my 5 year old or a wander around the garden with my camera help, as does doing some of the necessary jobs quickly. Best of all is if I can manage to have some time to myself and go for a walk.

EG CameraGirl said...

Your needlework is so neatly done. I used to do a lot of needlework but I fear it has taken a back seat to photography. Your son took great shots of you working on this piece.

mail4rosey said...

It's wonderful that you have something so rejuvenating for you to do. :)

I like the pattern you're working on too, that's a nice one!

Diane said...

Thanks for the comment at Tag Tues. I've done a few Blackbird cross stitch pictures in my day too.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Oh those melt downs do happen. I just try to get out and do something to take my mind off my worries. Prayer is always good. Love your needlework!
hugs, Linda

Liz said...

what a great quote in your post! I need to pass that along to my mother. Sunshine sure does help a weary soul! I hope you post a pic of your finished piece, its going to be beautiful!
Liz

TexWisGirl said...

a big 'awww' to the last photo. the crossstitch is really pretty, too.

Thia said...

Glad you were able to grab some down time. Lovely work.

Renaissance Women said...

I love this. It's what I needed this morning. This is a very sweet and soothing post. It's been years since I picked up a needle and I used to love it so. I need to get back to it. My first time here via Elizabeth and Co.

Sending a heartfelt 'Bless your heart' from Dallas.

~ Cassandra from Renaissance Women

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

So sorry to hear you were feeling puny... I think we all have days like that occasionally... and happy to see you found a great remedy. I love handwork... haven't done counted crosstitch in years though. Yours is just lovely.

Hope things feel better today!

Blessings,
Spencer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...