Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving and Sannibel

Today...November 24th

Windowing...a lonely Sandhill Crane and around 75 Hooded Merganser ducks. You can click on the links and hear their sounds. This is one of my favorite links to learn about birds and their calls. Bookmark it.

Thanking...November 21st was the 3rd anniversary of my car wreck and I'm thankful I'm still alive. Even though it's ruined the last 3 years, and maybe my back forever....I'm not dead yet. And for that, I'm thankful. Truly.

Learning......Ancient Greece and the human body. During the week of Thanksgiving, we read William Bradford's History of Plymouth Plantation. Also, a fellow bibliophile has loaned me her coveted copy of The Lion's Paw, copyright 1947. We're reading it as a 'read aloud' and I'm so very grateful my older children still love to read aloud with me. I hope we never out grow this as a family. Here is an interesting article on The Lion's Paw. Get it and read it. :) It was out of print and has been republished.

Kitchening...Lot's of cooking with my kids. We have quiet Thanksgivings by ourselves. My son makes his signature banana chocolate pie and my daughter will make homemade rolls. Iced Pumpkin Cookies is one of my favorite holiday recipes. I'm not a big pumpkin pie fan, but I love, love, love these cookies. They have a wonderful texture and taste. You GOTTA make them.

Reading..."Redeeming Love", by Francine Rivers  Woah. Pretty intense read so far. I don't read a lot of romance, so I'm proud of myself for sticking this one out. It's certainly sobering and thought provoking. I thank God for His constant pursuit for my heart. I'm glad He never gives up on me.

Favorite things...sitting outside on a chilly November night with quilts and hot cocoa, watching the meteor showers. Watching meteor showers is one of my all time most favorite things to share with my family.

A few plans for the rest of the week...sewing, cleaning, reading, baking, planning, table dressing, game playing and puzzle constructing...I love the week of Thanksgiving because my family is at peace and enjoying each other's company.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

This is my nephew Hay-Hay learning shell identification at Sanibel Island. If you come to Florida, skip Disney and head to Sanibel. It was God's jewelry box for me. I felt like God said, "Here is my jewelry box, take whatever you want". We found 100's of shells and left billions for you to gather on your visit. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...