Thursday, November 1, 2012

Britches and Bloomers Pattern

  • I love this pattern.  It's sweet.  It's practical.  It's versatile.  It's a unisex pattern for boys and girls.  It fits nicely.  I never have to adjust the size which makes me very happy.  Put a cuff or a ruffle on them, or leave both off, depending on your mood or taste.   
  • It takes a half yard and basically an hour.  You know those 1 hour patterns that turn into 12 hour projects.  This is NOT one of them.  :)  You can have these britches/bloomers sewn in no time. 
  •  I have many friends who want to learn sewing, or think sewing is intimidating.  This pattern......easy peasy!!!  A beginner can make these.  Don't be afraid. 
!!!  YOU CAN DO IT  !!! 
  • I sew these bloomers for my friend's babies and toddlers and they say wherever they go, they get compliments and comments on the "oh so cute bloomers" and "where did they get them" and "what pattern is it"  ....la la la.... 
  • This pattern is sewn frequently and I can't afford to keep replacing it.  I tape the pattern to the sliding glass window and retrace the size I need that day onto freezer paper.   
This is what the older packaging looks like. 
She has taken a new photo for new packaging, seen below.
Love all of Jackie Clark's patterns.  Give them a try.
 
(it's out of stock at Sew Mama Sew, but you can see the reviews)
 

Here are the latest "Bloomers" I made.  You don't think I would actually leave bird fabric at the fabric store, left unpurchased do you?  Bought this sweet fabric, whipped up the bloomers, then decided I needed something for the pockets and ruffles (which are completely optional, of course).  I dug around in my fat quarters, pulled out the blue dots, PERFECT! 
 
Perfect little gift for my favorite 2 year old Jenny. 


 

Don't look too closely, you'll see I did not use blue thread on pockets and ruffles.  I used what I had.  I'm not going to drive to a fabric store for blue thread.  I'm cheap.  I'm lazy. 
I'm in a hurry. 
Oy!
 

Sharing with
Chic on a Shoe String Flaunt it Friday
Its a hodge podge life ~ hodge podge Friday
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
***********************************************************************************
 Be blessed and Be a Blessing!
Choose Joy!
 
 
A black cat walked in front of me today.  Mom stepped on my tail.  Going to bed early. 
Love, Pooh
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

Lisa Sall - Sall's Country Life said...

that is a darling pattern! This could call for a sewing bee with my sister and her machine!! p.s. Poor Pooh!

Lynette said...

Too cute!! I love-love-love the birds fabric.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...