Sunday, November 11, 2012

Veteran's Day is very real

For some of us, it's not a holiday.  It's not really something I enjoy celebrating
And I don't really like talking about it. 
 
I know I feel proud.  And I'm grateful for all Veterans.  I guess I just feel sad. 
 
I thought I would post this so you would remember it is REAL......  Families suffer forever.  Yes we move on.  But we never recover. 
And closure is extraordinarily difficult, if it happens at all.  
 
People are killed serving our country, because they love the United States and believe in what
they are doing.  They believe in their jobs and work very hard. 
 
So thank all veterans.  Don't be a lukewarm, apathetic citizen or voter. 
 
My sweet son who hates to have his picture taken, is standing with my father's flag,
after his memorial at Arlington National Cemetery.  Little Jonah never got to meet him.  :( 
  
My dad's grave at Arlington.  Life is short.  Make your life right with God and your family. 
You never know when you just lived your last day. 
 


3 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

Wow! powerful post and lots of love ~ great photo ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

TexWisGirl said...

bless your family and your father's memory.

Suzan said...

Doing some back tracking.
Very moving tribute to your father and all Vets- God Bless your Dad and so many thanks for giving of himself. The picture of your son holding your Dad's flag is great - so typical- made me smile :-}}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...