Saturday, November 10, 2012

A week in Greens


Just a little glimpse at our week. 
I noticed a trend.  :)
 
I have been very busy with the etsy store and my new booth.  If I go for a long time without sewing, I get grumpy.  Hand work is my savior, as it keeps my brain cleansed of twaddle and worry.  It's good to empty it out and meditate or pray while your fingers are busy accomplishing something loving...usually a gift or something to keep my family warm, safe and cuddled. 
 
Pooh picked out 2 shades of Green for me to use.
Baby Milo's quilt.  I was inspired by those cute, scrappy confetti quilts.  I'm calling this
"The Emerald City Quarry". 
LOL 
It fits, yes? 
 

A quiet homeschool moment.  He doesn't like it when I take his picture.  I told him to chill out, I was taking a picture of my lamp.  He wasn't buying it. 
 
A friend brings balloons.

Oh, and here is the backing.  It's Ten Little Things, from Jenn Ski, Moda.  It looks like Lily Rose Quilts at Etsy has a lot of it.  Support small business and Etsy.  :) 
 
And in the spirit of greening, a little quote from Anne of Green Gables
 
"I do NOT like patchwork," said Anne dolefully, hunting out her
workbasket and sitting down before a little heap of red and white
diamonds with a sigh. "I think some kinds of sewing would be
nice; but there's no scope for imagination in patchwork. It's
just one little seam after another and you never seem to be
getting anywhere. But of course I'd rather be Anne of Green
Gables sewing patchwork than Anne of any other place with nothing
to do but play. I wish time went as quick sewing patches as it
does when I'm playing with Diana, though. Oh, we do have such
elegant times, Marilla. I have to furnish most of the
imagination, but I'm well able to do that. Diana is simply
perfect in every other way." 
 
*****************************************************************************
Okie dokie...back to work for me.  Y'all have a wonderful weekend.
 
Be blessed and Be a blessing. 
 
~Choose Joy~
 
Sharing with :
 
 


********************************************************************************
Disappointment engulfs poor Pooh.  Mama won't let him cuddle the baby quilt and decorate it with his pretty Ginger furr.  Meanie! 



~ The End~

3 comments:

Pattilou said...

Such fun bright greens! Love them all in one quilt! ...thinking I need to get out of my mixing all scraps together mode. Thanks for the inspiration.

Allison said...

love all the green in your confetti quilt! hand stitching is so restful :) & those polkadot balloons are fantastic!

Decor To Adore said...

Oh my favorite color is green! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...