Sunday, November 25, 2012

White Ironstone Pitcher (thrift find)

I have never set out to collect Ironstone.  
I don't know much about it other than I just LIKE IT. 
 
This most delicious little darling, curled in a helpless ball on the floor of a dirty thrift shop, leaped into my arms and kissed my face all over like a happy Chihuahua.  The thrift store allowed me to Foster it, knowing I'm a good person with a big heart and would take good care of it until it can be placed in a Forever Home. 
 
 
 
I want to keep her but my husband says we can't keep every Ironstone Pitcher Pet we find and is making me pass her on. 

Meanie! 

I'm already attached!!!!!  
 
 

 
Look at her strong pedigree.  Love her beautiful lines and rich texture. 
Her color is creamy deliciousness. 
 
I put a Christmas Tree in her and she is up at the Hole in the Wall........waiting to be adopted.  I might go up and visit it today, just to pet it a few times and make sure it isn't lonely.  :)
 
 
Be blessed and Be a Blessing. 
 
 
**************************************************************************
 
Pooh says to stay buttery in a warm and toasty quilt.  Yummy!  Let's cuddle!
 
 
 ~The End~


5 comments:

ThrifterSisters said...

I normally collec brighter vintage kitchen and pottery items but the Ironstone still calls out to me. I have started a small collection which I know all too well will easily grow out of hand at some point.

Happy Holidays!

Erica

Sweet Woodruff said...

True, true. I collect Yellow Ware and other potteries. Collections get out of hand quickly, I know.

JoKnows said...

I love the Ironstone. I would have kept it, but I'm selfish that way. I ignore my husband's pleas! ;) Found you at Hey What's For Dinner Mom...now following on GFC. Have a great week!

Liz Burton said...

Oh what a meanie! I'd want to keep it too!

Thanks for linking up x

Laura said...

Soooo maybe you should write a post about ironstone and how to tell if you found some because I look at white stuff and go hunh wonder if it is or isn't.....I'm thrift deficit! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...