Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Picking Oranges and Home School Poetry

My son has been awake a total of 5 hours today. Because he has been a tiny bit under the weather, we let him sleep. He woke around 10:00, went straight to the couch, slept till 12:30. He read for awhile and was asleep again at 5:00. It's 9:00 pm and he is still asleep. Dad and I have checked on him making sure he's still breathing. He's either sick or growing.

Does it make me a bad mother if I back my van up under an orange tree, then make my son climb up there to pick for me. :) He's so good to me. He would do just about anything I asked of him.



We're covering Limericks tomorrow in our British Lit class, and reading C.S. Lewis too. I ran across a really good site for poetry with printable ideas and guides. I hope you find it useful in the education of your older  homeschoolers.

It's called Read Think Write.

I have had tremendous success teaching poetry this year. That is the one thing I tought the kids would hate, since poetry isn't so popular these days. My students beg me for poetry assignments. What??? I can't believe it. Maybe that's what's wrong with all these uncivilized, sociopathic teenagers in the news everyday. They aren't reading enough classic literature (see Fahrenheit 451).



Enjoy and be blessed.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...