Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Vintage Sweater Reunion ~ The Yummy Butter Yellow Sweater

My daughter and I ran outside and took this picture in 10 seconds then ran back in the house. Florida is freezing right now. LOL Y'all think that's funny don't you? 
 
This was my Aunt April's sweater, who graduated in 1964. I know she wore this sweater when attending Tivy High in Kerrville, Texas.  I've been wearing this scrumptuous sweater every winter for 30 years. I always pack it when traveling in winter months. It's been to some pretty neat places, around the world and back and experienced many memorable days as my warm companion.

I'm not normally the kind of person who makes friends with my clothing, but hey...this is a pretty special sweater. 
It represents what I like in a friend. Strong but soft, natural threads, knitted losely not uptight, in a simple yet striking pattern, who never unravels even after 45 years of use. 
Plus, it's yellow and who doesn't want a sunny warm friend during the cold days of your life?

What qualities do you look for in a faithful sweater and friend?

God bless you today. Stay warm.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...