Monday, January 21, 2013

Orange Julius Snack

I've got tons of oranges waiting to be juiced. 
 
 
My son and his girlfriend had never had an Orange Julius.
I was suprised.  I explained how they were a big thing in the 80's.
 
 
You always got one at the mall when you were shopping...
 
Save those orange peels ~ Here is how you can use them
They laughed the, "Ohhhh Mom, you're sooooooo old" laugh and
had a good chuckle over my 80's throw back.  (brats)
 
 
The skeptical "yutes" were amazed and LOVED them.
They each had 2 or 3 in one afternoon.
 
 
Here is the recipe I have
(although you can google it and see there are dozens of ways to make one)
 
Orange Julius
 
1 Cup Milk
2 Cups Orange Juice
2 Capfulls Vanilla
1/4 Cup Sugar
Ice
(I also threw in a large spoonfull of vanilla
yogurt just to thicken)
 
Put in a blender and mix till smooth. 
 
 
I did a HUGE favor for them the other day. 
I said I would do the favor in exchange for photos (cuz I'm the mama-razzi)
This is what I got! 
 
(They love me way more than they would ever admit) 
 
Sharing with:
 
************************************************************************************
"MOM!  It's not fair Jonah get's all the yummy snacks."
 
~ Be Blessed ~
 


3 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I remember those! How funny and I love that you made them for your kids!

Kelly Bermudez said...

Yum!! I am going to have to try these:))

Thia said...

That sounds so yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...