Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Wedding Quilt Fabric Scraps


Here is the Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt I hand pieced for my daughter and son-in-law.
Took me 2 years, lots of Tiger Balm and Advil.  
I saved all my scraps to make smaller hexi's or use on cards.  I never throw pretty scraps away,  no matter how small.  If it's too small to sew, I can at least glue it to paper. 
One of my goals for the wedding, besides being cheap, was to have every single thing hosed down with Pepto-Bismal sentiment.  I thought it would be sweet to use up her wedding quilt scraps on stationery needs. 
It turned out pretty and cost me nothing but my time.  I had plenty of white card stock, glue sticks, my sewing machine and thread.  




Meegan Weaver was the wedding photographer, out of Wichita Falls, TX.  She will travel.   (She took the second photo in this post). 

BOOK HER!!  SHE IS WONDERFUL!! 

 


***********************************************************
Be Blessed and Be a Blessing
Hebrews 13:4 ~ Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."


Pooh pouted, "Excuse me, but I told you I wanted to read

Harry Potter.  Crookshanks inspires me".


2 comments:

annies home said...

your post made for wonderful reading I must say I love old quilts

SewSweetVIntage said...

LOVE your quilt gift and your cards!!!! I posted Halloween Chalk Boards to this party. Wanted to follow you, but don't see an option. Follow me at www.sewsweetvintage.com and share a face book like:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...