Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Down the not so very Dead End Road

I know what you're thinking. 
"I get it lady.  You've been to New Hampshire". 
 
But wait!  There's more! 
************************************************************************************
October was a beautiful month at Green Gables, when the birches in the hollow turned as golden as sunshine and the maples behind the orchard were royal crimson and the wild cherry trees along the lane put on the loveliest shades of dark red and bronzy green, while the fields sunned themselves in aftermaths. 
 
Anne reveled in the world of color about her. 
 
"Oh, Marilla," she exclaimed one Saturday morning, coming dancing in with her arms full of gorgeous boughs, "I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.  it would be terrible if we just skipped from September to November, wouldn't it?  Look at these maple branches.  Don't they give you a thrill - several thrills? (yes, I know Green Gables is not New Hampshire.  I just love this quote.  Anne get's so excited over Autumn.  Such a sweet thing). 

************************************************************************************

Notice how nature uses tiny to large scale shapes and patterns, texture, and color when nature pieces it's forest quilt?  Let nature be your muse.  Nature is an experienced artist. 




I cropped the corner of the above photo so you can see the different sizes and scale of the leaves.  I love the tiny red, golden  spice rack of leaves at the top.  Looks like tiny little brush strokes or cupcake sprinkles. 
I like the layers of color here. 
 
More texture and scale at the wild cranberry bog.
 
I love discovering new flora when traveling. 
What is the plant with garnet red leaves?  I loved it. 
 
Scale, texture, silhouettes and lines. 
 
Sadly, my solitary walk is coming to an end.  The madness of civilization must be faced once again.  Crap.  I like being alone on this beautiful "not so dead end" road. 
 
See the tiny little red house at the end?  It's built on a creek.  I'm going to buy it. 
And live there. 
 
"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy,
amidst the simple beauty of nature."

Anne Frank
 
 
 
 
**********************************************************************************
Be blessed and be a blessing! 
 
 
 I embarrased Pooh in front of his friends for the last time.  I hope to regain his trust. 
I wanna be the cool mom again. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...