Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Cathedral Windows

My back is super out.  As in O.U.T. .... 
 
OUT!
 
All I'm able to do is sit around and work on hand projects. 
 
DARN! 
 
My poor husband and son are having to do everything;  all the cooking and cleaning. 
 
Bless their pea pickin' hearts. 

I'm stuck here sewing with lots of Fox News, BBC, Netflix, Harry Potter movies,
Pinterest and your blogs. :) 
 
I worked a little on my Cathedral Window.  I'm using my mother-in-law's old pattern she gave me.  I'm also using tons of Moda Candy or their little 2 1/2" mini charms.  They are brilliant for Cathedral Windows because they are pre-cut and perfectly scrappy.  You'll have a little piece of everything in your quilt with very little repeats. 
 


 
Birds and Flowers...my 2 favorite things in life.
 
 
 
"The touch, the feel of cotton.  The fabric of our lives....."  la la la

 My precious.  !!!  A piece of "vintage" Fig Tree from Moda, the backing to a much loved
red and yellow quilt. 
 
 

My little brother's picture. 

Sharing with these Linky Parties:

Tuesday Time Out at Reasons to Skip the Housework

Fabric Tuesday over at Quilt Story

WOW: WIP on Wednesday at Esther's Blog

 Link Party at Freemotion by the River

 We did it Wednesday at Sew Much Ado

********************************************************************************
Be blessed and Be a Blessing.
 
Choose Joy! 
 

"I love it when my Mom is sick, because then I get extra lap cuddles.  I think it makes her feel better when I snuggle and rub my furr all over her stuff".  ~ Pooh speaks
 
*********************************************************************************
 
2 Kings 20:5 "...I have heard your prayer and seen your tears;
I will heal you...."


I had to turn off comments due to spam.  If you need anything or having questions, please email.  :) 
 
 

11 comments:

sulrossgrad (Emma) said...

Love your blog style. Can't wait to wander around a bit. The cathedral window is precious, but the cat is even better. Hope you are feeling better!
Emma

jjthor said...

Hope you feel better soon! Your quilt is looking good!

Corina said...

Lovely cathedral windows!

UKMUMINUSA said...

Your cathedral window quilt is beautiful, hope you get back to normal soon.

Cindy Jo said...

I love your cathedral windows, one day, I'll get up the nerve to try them. Also, had to tell you, I watch Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings movies whenever I am crafting.

Cathy said...

Wow...that's a cute cathedral window quilt. How big will it be? I love the look of them but have never tried them...maybe I'm just too lazy.

Hope your back gets better soon. Hurray for Fox News ;-)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous quilt! I hope your back is feeling much better soon.

Esther Aliu said...

Birds and flowers - 2 things definitely worth loving in a quilt! Sorry about your back, hope you're feeling better soon, I know how draining it can be, sending you much love!

FarahLin said...

Wow!! I can only imagine how heavy it must be seeing all those small windows in there - it's looking gorgeous and can't wait to see the finished quilt!

Hope your back is getting better, take care. =)

Bunny said...

Beautiful quilt just love those windows.
Bunny

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful cathedral window quilt and I hope your back gets better soon! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...