Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My not so Funny Valentine Quilt

Oh, let's see.  I've only been working on this heart shaped raw edge applique quilt...

FOREVER!
You can see the technique here Stitch and Split Applique: 12 Raw-Edge Projects or maybe do a google search.  The idea was to make heart blocks we would slice up, then piece back together.  Hmmmmm..... Seemed like a good idea at the time.


I'm more than a little "over it" by now, but I refuse to let it win.  I must win.  I will finish it.  I will put it in a choke hold until it yells, "Uncle!"  Not a very nice way to treat a Valentine, huh?


It started as an online Yahoo swap, maybe 10 years ago.  That group fizzled out.  Years later, when I pull this Valentine quilt out, I get to thinking about it....I can see where I cut out a billion hearts for my blocks. I remember fussy cutting.  I remember the fabrics I used.  But I don't see any blocks from other people.  I wonder if life got so crazy that I never even missed not receiving my swapped sets back. Who knows.  I do know I would have found them by now if I had them.  Oh well.  *sniff*


Isn't that sad?  It's just sad.  Sad that life gets so crazy busy and important things are over looked.  I'm not going to let that happen to my life or schedule any more if I can help it.  I'm done being busy.
Over it!


There is no GUILT in QUILT.  I heard Bonnie say that, and it has stuck with me.


With that being said, I'm determined to finish all my UFO's, WIP's and big fat PIG's this year.  I'm sick of feeling guilt or shame over what hasn't been finished.  I'm ready to move on.  Onward! Let's move Forward!  Use it up or get rid of it.  Just finish.  It doesn't have to be King Size.  If I have enough blocks for a throw, I'm going to allow myself to feel comfortable changing plans.  A throw is GOOD ENOUGH.


It's good enough.  Right?

So I'm ready to fall in love again and get this pretty girl finished in time to love my family with it. Warm Valentine cuddles, movie night and popcorn await!  


I love you too Pooh!
Sharing with these SWEET Blogs:




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...