Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year ~ One Word 2014 ~ Commitment

After much thought and contemplation, I decided my One Word for the year is 
I have never been a disciplined person.  I am not a goal oriented person either and I want to train myself to think of my goals as if they were sacred commitments. 
When I'm tempted to flake, 
I want the word "commitment" in the front of my mind. 

"Nope. I promised myself.  I will not quit. I will follow through."  

I also have a lot of responsibilities to my family and church 
which I tend to blow off, 
for lack of self discipline and other perfectly good reasons excuses,
more than I care to admit.  

I'm 45 now and I figure it's time to grow up and try to be more 
committed to structure, 
discipline, people and projects that need my physical and mental presence.  


If we commit ourselves to one person for life, this is not, as many people think, a rejection of freedom; rather, it demands the courage to move into all the risks of freedom, and the risk of love which is permanent; into that love which is not possession but participation.” 
~ Madeleine L'Engle~

Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes; but no plans.”  
~ Peter F. Drucker~

Set the standard! Stop expecting others to show you love, acceptance, commitment, 
& respect when you don't even show that to yourself.”  
~ Steve Maraboli~

Seems to me that there is a fine line between insanity and dedication…I call that line commitment” ~Jeremy Aldana~

"It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and discipline that enabled us to follow through."  
~Zig Ziglar~

"Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
~Vince Lombardi~

I laughed when I saw this.  It's so me.  I'm a Abstract Random person.
In other words, I'm in orbit around Venus.  I hope to become more firmly planted this year by staying committed and focused and what is important.



What are your thoughts?  
Does the word Commitment bring anything to mind?
If you have one, what is your One Word for 2014?

Be blessed and Be a blessing to others.

Pooh is apathetic about commitments, 
but is grateful for the ones I keep with him.





"Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act."
Psalm 37:5

I enjoy hearing from you, so please leave a comment.
I hope you'll become a new follower too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...