Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Texas!

  She is 176 today


Yeehaw!!!!!! 

Well that didn't take long...how long did you think I was gonna go without mentioning Texas? 
Day 2 and I'm already whining celebrating. 

***Friendly Texas Cheesy Grin and a Big Howdy Wave***

These are a few of my
FAVORITE
Texas things around the house...


A shelf in my kitchen.  Wish I could find more Texas plates. 




Yes, I know it's an ash tray. 
You don't really think I would leave a Texas shaped ash tray at the thrift store
to be bought by someone else, do you? 




A vintage "6 Flags Over Texas" ice tea set. 
It was in my mother-in-law's home and one of the things my husband wanted most. 
I treasure it. 
 




I just love this little guy.  I found it at a garage sale in Kerrville for .25 cents. 




A vintage TWU (Texas Woman's University) plate. 
Where I went to college. 




Dr. Pepper for my daughter's wedding on May 27th. 
She's marrying a Texan.
God love her!!!!




If you want to make a birthday cake for Texas,
here is a recipe for "Texas Sheet Cake"
in my mother-in-law's handwriting. 
We've already made ours today and we will eat it after our
King Ranch Chicken birthday dinner.  :)   

(PS:  I don't bake with margarine.  Gross)

******************************************************************************************
God bless Texas. 

Be blessed and Be a Blessing. 

"I'm about to enter Texas...my spirits are good and my heart is straight."
 ~ Sam Houston, 1832


Shug (short for Sugar) is our only native Texan pet. 
She says hide under the curtain for a nap. 
Shhhhhhhhh.....

Linking up with:




3 comments:

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Hey girl thanks so much for coming by..WOW!! you have a neat Texas collection there..and ashtrays are collectible right now..Hope you have a GREAT BIG TEXAS weekend..Hugs and smiles Gloria

Stephanie said...

I'm from Cali...but I DO love Texas! It was fun looking at your collection.

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

happy b day Texas!!!! sending you and yours a dozen yellow roses : ) hugs...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...