Thursday, March 14, 2013

'Tis the obligatory St. Patrick GREEN post

I'm stumped.
 
When trying to channel my inner Irishman for this post,
all I can think of is "What Would Frank McCourt Do"?
 
I know what Frank would do.
He would take pictures of meaningless Green junk around the house
and quote Oscar Wilde
Sure. 
Why not. 
 
What are you favorite green treasures?
Who is your favorite Irish author?

 
"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time
that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught."
 
Inherited from my mother-in-love
 
 "There is only one thing worse than being talked about,
and that is not being talked about."

Thrifted Kilim Pillow.  I win!
 
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go."

Thrifted city scape...I love it!
 
"No great artist ever sees things as they really are. 
If he did, he would cease to be an artist." 
 
Thrifted vintage cross stitch in my collection
 
"Ridicule is the tribute paid to the genius by the mediocrities."

Inherited from my mother-in-love
 
"Life is never fair, and perhaps it is a good thing for most of us that it is not."

Thrifted plate.  One of my favorite things ever!
 
"Women are made to be loved, not understood."

Thrifted vintage music book.
 
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad.
People are either charming or tedious."

Thrifted old book
 
"If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again,
there is no use in reading it at all."

Inherited painting in my son's room
 
"I never travel without my diary. One should always have something
sensational to read in the train."
 
I hope you'll stop and say hello. 
Kindest and warmest regards to you. 
 
I'm sharing with:
 
*********************************************************************************
I think dat camera strap trying to killed me!!! 
Must hide behind apron strings!!!

 
Today, Choose Joy
 
~The End~

8 comments:

Diane said...

What wonderful quotes! Love the hidden kitty photo too!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh my gosh, you are a thrift-store genius! What wonderful stuff.

April D said...

Kudos to you on all the quotes! My obligatory post wouldn't have that much work put into it. :)
You showed us some beautiful things; I am in love with the yellow roses on that book.
Sweet kitty!
:)
Happy FRIDAY!
~april

Anonymous said...

Nothing better than a great quote or a limerick. Being 1/2 Irish my self, I offer you:

Whenever I dream,
It seems I dream
Of Erin’s rolling hills
Of all its lovely, shimmery lakes
And little babbling rills.
I hear a colleen’s lilting laugh
Across a meadow fair.
And in my dreams
Its almost seems
To me that I am there
O, Ireland! O, Ireland!
We’re Never far apart
For you and all your beauty
Fill my mind and touch my heart.

Have a wonderful St Pats Day!
Hugs
Tammy

debra @ homespun said...

All of your green is just LOVELY!

Hard to pick a favorite but the P from the MIL is just so sweet

Hazel said...

What a beautiful St Patrick's Day collection. When I was a kid I used to play from exactly the same music book you featured. I love the thrifted art pieces. Next year's St Patrick's I'll remember my favorite Irish author. Nice idea that one, thank you and thanks for dropping by my nook. Nice to meet you, AllyJo.

Hazel

Diann said...

You found lots of fun greens. Love the old music book! Thank you for sharing at TTF and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Anonymous said...

Hi friends, fastidious paragraph and nice urging commented at this place,
I am truly enjoying by these.

my blog post; healthy diet plans

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...