Friday, September 27, 2013

Marriage, Empty Nesting and Rescue Dogs...

Charlie and Olivia; both rescued dogs from ESRA
 
Our kids grow up and do mean things such as have their own lives,
fall in love and move away. 
 
Our NEW babies wont move away or get married.
They will never bite the hand that feeds them. :)
 
I have to say, we've been married 19 years and it's never been easy. 
Love and commitment was never a question, although staying together is
Very. Hard. Work. 
I've had many people say to us, we act like newlyweds and make it look easy.  Thank you for the compliment, but it's never been easy.  We're both stubborn, strong willed people with lots of baggage.
 
Having a passionate love affair over something we believe in so strongly has been one of the best things we've ever done for ourselves.  It seemed outside of our children, we had so little in common, or so we thought. 
Once the kids left....now what???? 
 
 
Combining our affection for animals, and my husband's life time love of Springer Spaniels, we have found ourselves joyfully challenged.  Caring for our foster fur-children has forced us to communicate more frequently
and work together for a common goal.
 
 
   If your nesting an empty house, you're miserable and you and your spouse don't know what to do next.....rescue and foster a breed you love.  
Every breed has an organization and is in desperate need of
volunteers and foster homes
 
 
You start out saving animals, but they end up saving you. 

Sharing with:
Camera Critters
***********************************************************************************
 
Be blessed and Be a blessing
Choose Joy
 
 
Pooh says hello and thinks dog lovers are boring. 

I hope you'll follow my blog to the right.
And follow our fostering adventures on Instagram too.  :) 
 

7 comments:

tlcukjourney said...

Very good advice!!!
I agree... mean children!!!! I have 3 that no longer need me, however I had 2 later on so I'll have kids around until I'm 300 years old! Which I don't mind one little bit.
But I do understand the seriousness of the empty nest... I miss my older boys do much.. one day they just didn't need me anymore!!! Bring on the puppies!
Tammy x

RandomGoodsVintage said...

I hear you about marriage being hard work! Been married 20 years, and it has being a crazy two decades, but I wouldn't trade my husband for anything! We have two young kids, we were married for 10 years before we decided to have kids. We are so wrapped up in our kids, ages 6 and 10, that I cant even imagine what life will be like when we are empty nesters. I dread the day! I want to keep them young and with us forever!

Sweet Woodruff said...

Thanks for visiting and for the affirmation. I think we've found our way again. The dogs did most of that. ;). Its truly one of the most rewarding and most joyful things I've ever done. Wish web had started years ago.

Michelle said...

You are so right. I have been married almost 21 years (next month). It hasn't been easy but love is patient, kind, does not envy......
(1 Corinthians 13:4-8) maybe one day we will be empty nesters. Our 20 year old still lives at home still in college.

TexWisGirl said...

absolutely precious! bless you both!

Pat said...

Beautiful dogs.

Unknown said...

Beautiful dogs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...