Monday, September 30, 2013

Binding Friendships = Binding Quilts



Friendships are what our dreams are made of.

We hold onto each other with its binding love.

We stand close to each other, hand in hand,

showing each other we understand.

Some friends may come and go,

but you are the truest friend I know.

Yes, I realize this little poem borders on cheesy.  D'oh!
 I see so much metaphor and symbolism in quilting.  I love to sit in silence while I quilt, listening to the prose of each stitch I make with my hand, thinking and praying for the intended receiver. 
Be quiet and listen to the work of your hands.
Blissful, peaceful blessings to you this week!
....ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh....



4 comments:

Khammany said...

I was just YouTubing tutorials on how to bind quilts and then I see this on your blog! You must be reading my mind :)

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

"Be quiet and listen to the work of your hands" - beautifully expressed.

Sweet Woodruff said...

Let me know if you have questions. I could try to help if I could.

Sweet Woodruff said...

Thank you Karen. I hope so.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...