Wednesday, November 7, 2007

No time for Autumn Moments ~ How sad

Nature XXVII, Autumn
by Emily Dickinson
 
The morns are meeker than they were,
The nuts are getting brown;
The berry's cheek is plumper,
The rose is out of town.
The maple wears a gayer scarf,
The field a scarlet gown.
Lest I should be old-fashioned,
I'll put a trinket on.

Autumn is my favorite season. I have always "highly esteemed" this time of year. There isn't much time to truly envelope yourself in it as we're so busy inside planning Halloween costumes, the Thanksgiving menu, decorating for Christmas and cleaning because family is coming. 

Autumn is my favorite season for the millions of pigments found throughout.  If I was a famous artist influenced by a movement, I would probably be a Fauvist. I'm married with color; it fills me.

I also love how the first cool fronts blow away the sour wetness from our humid, oppressive summers. In Florida, I'll joyfully take each and every one sent our way.  
Be blessed! 
Dream big and make your dreams come true!
 Follow to the right.--->
and make a comment below.

Stay awhile.
:)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...