Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Blue and Yellow Lusterware

I have an old corner hutch covered in white peeling paint that I cherish. White makes every color of dish in my china hutch pop out, so we can enjoy it. I change it out at the beginnning of each season.

I'm in the process on unpacking my green depression glass. I think I'll go green and white here this December and leave the ruby glass for February.

This was my mother-in-law's lusterware, which the kids and I have always loved. We lived around the corner from her for years and we would go over for morning or afternoon tea. The tea cups are petal thin.  Maybe it's my imagination or the love we shared during our tea parties with the kids, but I never had such a wonderful cup of tea in my life.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...